Hello 2015! I am only accepting ONE or TWO births per month, as the birth photographer and doula. Doula services are available as an addition to photography and as a stand alone service. I offer a complimentary meeting to anyone interesting in my services. Please email me if you'd like to chat! robin@birthblessingsphotography.com

Saturday, May 17, 2008

You jumped out of what?

We decided to go on a sweet adventure vacation for our 6th wedding anniversary... spending our "extra" check from Uncle Sam. On our first day of vacation we went skydiving! We've never left the kids overnight (unless one of us was with them) so it was a big deal for us to be gone for 3 days and 2 nights. Thanks to our fabulous babysitter Beth and Mike's parents, we were worry free and had a great time.

A plane, a plane! We jumped out of a plane! SKYDIVE in PERRIS!
We signed our lives away...
And waited....for 2 hours
We were pumped and ready to go, but all that relaxing made me sleepy...
I almost fell asleep on the plane =)
HERE WE GO! wooo hooo!
Free falling from 12,500 feet in the air... the sight was amazing!
It was hard for me to breathe because of the intense air rushing up.
You can see how the skin on our faces looks like putty from the pressure.
I got to pull the cord to open the parachute

Safe and sound on the ground again. How was it sweety?
WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!
I couldn't hear anything for about 1/2 hour after the jump...
my ears wouldn't pop!YEAH! That was AWESOME!


9 comments:

Colleen said...

Wow I am impressed!!! Looks like you guys had a good time:)

brooke said...

Okay, so I almost cried listening to your blog song and looking at pics. I'm a dork I know. It just looked so special. So much fun! Can't wait til we can go agaiN!

*katie said...

SOOOO fun! I'm like Brooke, I can't wait to go again!!!

The Watkins said...

That is awesome Robin. You are so much fun. How did you get so many good pics. Did you just hand your camera over to them?

Robin Baker - The Blessed Hippie said...

We got a video and a cd full of pics from the company… the website said it cost extra (like $100) but they didn’t charge us! So sweet! You got to choose music for the video too – it’s so cool – Jackson loves to watch it!

Westlund Family said...

SO fun! You guys have guts! Happy 6th!

Ruth said...

Robin, I was third person(after Katie to comment on this post)dont know what happened, but here goes..What an awesome day and great sights you must have had....after you started breathing again! ha ha Very brave of you, wonder who you got that from, that is on my list of things I would like to do before I cant..way to go!

Ruth said...

PS the pictures are incredible!

Taylor said...

WOW! That is amazing.. so jealous!! would love to do that... Looks like a BLAST!