Hello 2015! I am only accepting ONE or TWO births per month, as the birth photographer and doula. Doula services are available as an addition to photography and as a stand alone service. I offer a complimentary meeting to anyone interesting in my services. Please email me if you'd like to chat! robin@birthblessingsphotography.com

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Encinitas 5K

I ran my second race today in Encinitas. It was HOT! I was dripping sweat before the race even began... so I didn't think it was going to go very well, but it ended up OK. I didn't have a running partner (or even an audience) but my family showed up afterward and we played at the beach. It turned out to be a great morning =)

Beautiful Moonlight Beach in Encinitas, CA

self portrait before I took off to warm up
gotta love the "free" shirts you get from races
I finished in 26:07 minutes (8:25 pace)... beating my first race time by 33 seconds =)
I was 13th in my age category, 235 overall (out of 1000), and 85th woman.

Fun at Moonlight Beach Park after the race



my little Jackson monkey
mommy plays "high five" and "pat-a-cake" with O man...
and he pauses to bite my finger (the molars are coming!)
we had some fun at the beach after the park

4 comments:

Taylor said...

that is awesome! I kinda thought it was going to be a one time goal thing.. but good for you for sticking to it and doing even better!!!

The Watkins said...

An 8 minute mile! You would definitely smoke me. I think my mile is more like 10 minutes, if I'm lucky. So proud of you! Can't wait to hear about your trip.

*katie said...

Way to go Robin--so AWESOME! And how fun to play with the fam afterwards. Jackson and Owen look like they had so much fun:)

Ruth said...

you just get better with age...hee hee. Watch out Jackson, Owie is catching up with you. They are so very precious!