Hello 2015! I am only accepting ONE or TWO births per month, as the birth photographer and doula. Doula services are available as an addition to photography and as a stand alone service. I offer a complimentary meeting to anyone interesting in my services. Please email me if you'd like to chat! robin@birthblessingsphotography.com

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Family Saturday @ Sea World

It is a rare occasion that Mike and I both have a Saturday off. I work 2 Saturdays a month (while he watches the kids) and he usually works the other 2 or all of them...Saturday is basically an extension of our work week. This past weekend we both had Saturday off so I got passes to Sea World - they have a special price until April 30th. I've been to Sea World once since I was 15, so I was really excited to go as a family. There was a heat wave in San Diego and Escondido was in the high 90's, so we were happy to be in only 85 degree weather in beautiful downtown SD.
Jackson was a little scared of the dolphins, but Owen LOVED them... he was pointing and talking to them with much happiness!
What are the chances you would see someone you know, let alone one of your best friends, in the middle of an amusement park filled with thousands of people? Crazy right? Well, only 10 minutes after we arrived, we ran into the Jimenez family! What I still can't figure out is the weird picture of a bottle outside the nursing room.... why do you need a room to give a baby a bottle? Sea World is obviously not hip to the universal nursing symbol - maybe I'll let them know. Ha ha.
The boys favorite part of the park was the indoor aquariums. The loved to stand and watch at the glass. Jackson pointed out all the "BIG ONEs!" and Owen tapped lightly on the glass while babbling at all the fish.
We got to pick up star fish! So cool! Jackson was a little rough when putting them back in the water - um, he basically threw them in. Ooops. Gentle honey, gentle!
Owen loved the starfish too. Problem was he wanted to eat them - imagine that. He really liked feeling the moss on the side of the rock and then splashing in the water.
I put an end to his frolicking when he tasted his finger after dipping it in the smelly water - yuck! He thought it was really funny, crazy kid.
See the gray starfish...it is slowly turning itself over - so cool!
mmmmm.... ice cream!

There were these cool moth/hummingbird insects on these purple flowers. I have no idea what they're called, but we all had a good time watching them.
I LOVE SPRING FLOWERS!

Owen was happy to get out of the stroller (and my arms) to practice his new skill - walking!
He was fascinated with the storm drains.

The boys were very sad to leave... so dad had to carry them out. See you soon Sea World!

3 comments:

brooke said...

What a cute family! I love all the pictures too, of course. Looks like you guys had so much fun. And what are the odds that you'd run into Christy and her fam? How funny!

*katie said...

So fun! We have passes too, as does Brooke, so we'll have to go sometime!

Westlund Family said...

How fun! I can't wait to come out there this summer and go to all the fun places! I am so looking forward to it!