Hello 2015! I am only accepting ONE or TWO births per month, as the birth photographer and doula. Doula services are available as an addition to photography and as a stand alone service. I offer a complimentary meeting to anyone interesting in my services. Please email me if you'd like to chat! robin@birthblessingsphotography.com

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

a little bit of Punk

Let me preface this story. I usually never hurt myself. I have never broken a bone and get very few bumps and bruises.... until a month ago. I dropped a very heavy object on my left foot. I was in instant pain and felt nauseous, so I grabbed some ice and Ibuprofen and laid on my bed with my foot elevated. It immediately turned blue-ish-black. Enter INTENSE THROBBING PAIN... for 2 days. I'm talking PAIN. I've given birth - drug free - 2 times here people - this hurt bad! I tried this method to relieve it and it hurt too much, so I left it. You can even see the burnt spot! LOL, but not really. Ha.

Enter one week later: I am reading Dr. Sears' The Baby Book (like a good mommy) while walking down the hall (like a multitasking mommy) and slip on a $0.25 bouncy ball from Old Navy (like a clumsy mommy). With my RIGHT foot. It hits the door jam entering the hall bath and low and behold.... Blue toe #2 in one week. Are you kidding me?????
Now enters the punk part. After a few weeks of looking at ugly toes, I decide I should paint them black to match. But I chicken out and give the black to my husband. He painted one hand and put some earrings in just be a little more punk. Ha!I did however go with the purple-ish-blue iridescent polish. So I am a little bit of punk... for now.

1 comment:

Kat said...

oooo that looks painful!!!!
love the punk part though ;)