Hello 2015! I am only accepting ONE or TWO births per month, as the birth photographer and doula. Doula services are available as an addition to photography and as a stand alone service. I offer a complimentary meeting to anyone interesting in my services. Please email me if you'd like to chat! robin@birthblessingsphotography.com

Saturday, March 21, 2009

1st Day of SPRING

I love spring for so many reasons...the weather in San Diego is just amazing, flowers, birds singing, a lower electric bill, gardening, new flip flops and a bikini, more daylight = motivation and more playtime, spring cleaning & organizing, the beginning of beach season, my wedding anniversary, boys are happy to play outside at home all day long, more flowers, Padres games, and an overall feeling of wellbeing. I've got spring fever!

at 6:30am I wrote my list and discussed projects with my hubby
He made us fresh squeezed orange juice. We've used more oranges this year than all 5 years we've lived here combined! What were we thinking?!

On a trip to Target (for a baby gift) today I found these very durable fabric boxes in the organizing isle. Mike loathes the plastic ones we currently have (Ikea) b/c you can see all the toys through them and it looks cluttered. They lasted for a year or so and then started to break - they're just not durable enough for wild boys like mine. I made my hubby very very happy by finding these new boxes. Bonus: the kids like them too! Unfortunately, I bought all they had and still need 3 more, so I'll probably hit up the Vista Target in search of more.

The boys love to mow with daddy - on the sit down tractor as well as the push mower. Owen still requires a lift as he is a tad bit scared. "DADDY, hold me!"
We picked up all the old ball pool balls that have been an eyesore on the back property. They were part of a Christmas gift to Owen about 2 years ago. When the ball pool went south we put the balls on the trampoline. They eventually all made it to the lawn/back property. I'm so glad to see them in the trash!
Owen helped me water the gofer holes - "stinkin' varmints!"
Mike took off the broken net and poles and I cleaned the trampoline. We moved it over to the new "play area" and Jackson immediately tried it out as if it were a new toy.


We have these ice plant srubs that look horrible all year long...and then one day at the end of winter they bloom the most fantastic purple flowers. They are a great "welcome home" on either side of the driveway.
Spring is the best time of year! We were all exhausted at the end of the day and slept like rocks. Hope you're having a great Spring!

2 comments:

*katie said...

What an awesomely productive day you had! The brown square boxes look great on your shelves. Much cleaner looking. And I LOVE those purple flowers--they are gorgeous for about 2 or 3 weeks once a year.

The Watkins said...

I think you may be nesting!