Hello 2015! I am only accepting ONE or TWO births per month, as the birth photographer and doula. Doula services are available as an addition to photography and as a stand alone service. I offer a complimentary meeting to anyone interesting in my services. Please email me if you'd like to chat! robin@birthblessingsphotography.com

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Bargain Shoe Shopper

Shoes are one part of my wardrobe I neglect. After all, I'm a busy mom so I'm not exactly running around all day in cute peep toe heels. I either wear leather flip flops, seasonal flip flops, or gardening flip flops when home. Hmmmm, San Diego? I go through lots of running or exercise tennis shoes. I am a dental hygienist and wear white tennis shoes to work. So you see my dilemma here - how do I rationalize spending money on "cute" shoes and when should I wear them?

At any rate, I was in diar need of some new shoes and got a $125 Christmas check - so I decided to buy some shoes. On Christmas eve day I did some shopping with my Dad, Sister, and the boys and we were near Payless in Escondido. Normally I don't find much there, but decided to try anyway. I hit the jackpot. Everything was 50% off plus!

I got 4 pairs of shoes for $66.
OK, so I didn't buy any peep toe heels or black boots (which I really do need and want), but at least I spent the money on something other than crafts (which is what I do if I have money for me). The white tennis shoes are for work and the others are for home and about with the kids. I was so proud of myself and the great deal. The original price tag for the shoes would've been around $130. Yeah bargin!
The boys had great fun playing with mommy's new shoes

3 comments:

brooke said...

Sweet deal!

*katie said...

Cute, cute! I'm so with you on the craft money, that's where my money usually goes too:)

Westlund Family said...

Bargain! I love it!