Hello 2015! I am only accepting ONE or TWO births per month, as the birth photographer and doula. Doula services are available as an addition to photography and as a stand alone service. I offer a complimentary meeting to anyone interesting in my services. Please email me if you'd like to chat! robin@birthblessingsphotography.com

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

San Diego Zoo

I'm not sure if I've ever been to the San Diego Zoo! Seriously! I grew up in North County so we always went to the Wild Animal Park. I've had passes to the WAP/Zoo for 2 years now and just finally visited the Zoo last week. A few of my sister-in-laws met me there and eventually Mike met up with us too. It was great! You get so close-up and personal with the animals. Both of my boys loved it!
While we were waiting for Susana to arrive, Brooke and girls joined us in seeing the "stinky ducks" - aka: flamingos. Jackson did not enjoy the smell! LOL....ha ha, seriously so funny. Every time he sees a picture of a flamingo he recalls the Zoo visit and tells me about how stinky those ducks were! I'm cracking up just typing this- love it! It was awesome we got see the baby ducks swim by too.
Again, Jackson was no so fond of our next stop - the Elephants. I think it was mainly due to low blood sugar b/c he did much better after lunch.
The not-so-sure face

We saw a few camels. We learned that the humps are made of fat, not cartilage, and they use it for fuel when water is scarce. They were foaming at the mouth going "poo poo" and Jackson declared this "nasty!" LOL again!

Happy to be free from the stroller
Everyone loved the giraffs and didn't want to leave them...Owen was pointing and talking up a storm. Jackson took a picture of the trees while actually shooting for the giraffs... hmmm, future photographer??? Sienna couldn't help herself and stood up in the stroller to get a better view.

Lions and tigers and BEARS, oh my! Mike joined up with us just in time to see the grizzly bears. They strolled by as if showing off for photo ops!

Next stop- HIPPOS. Amazing! I thought they were rocks when we first walked up. They were so sweet - leaning on eachother while taking a snoozer. The craziest thing was the dangling foot.

Mezmerized!

Little family of four viewing the "fishies."

Very fun to watch - "monkeys!" They were high energy and very entertaining.

Owen talks to the 'monkeys'

Little Baker cousins. 1: Sienna, Owen and Liam. 2: Owen, Jackson, Chloe, Sienna, Liam. 3:Chloe getting tips by crazy Jackson on how to JUMP! 4: Chloe (11 mo.) almost as big as Liam (almost 2 years!) is wearing Jackson's old 2T jeans =)

My Jackson Monkey wearing his new shirt from Auntie Erika.
"Monkey See, Monkey Do, Monkey Get In Trouble!"
Brooke, Chloe and Sienna - ready to go! She was a great tour guide - thanks Brooke!

30 seconds after pulling out of the parking lot Jackson was snoring... and Owen was soon to follow. Ahhh, sweet silence!

3 comments:

*katie said...

Sounds like it was such a fun day! Some day soon we'll have to go with you. :)

Westlund Family said...

You guys do so much fun stuff! Building great memories!

brooke said...

That was such a fun day. My kids were totally goners the minute I pushed on the gas pedal too. Next time, WAP!