After consulting with several people in the office who have sinus problems, glasses, and are doctors (aka: Dentist) I decided to call my general practitioner - a good place to start. They got me in 2 hours later. I LOVE DR. MINKOFF. El Norte Medical group - a hop, skip, and a jump away from my work. Double plus. This man is thorough and genuine. He has a great bedside manner and is very knowledgeable. They did a battery of tests on my eye and found nothing wrong. My vision test came back 20-20 minus one. Eh, not too shabby. They looked up my nose and found no polyps (I asked due to constant stuffiness on the left side) or signs sinus infection. Nothing in my throat or ears. After answering a series of questions (when the pain started, how long it lasted, where it hurt, etc) he diagnosed a migraine.
A migraine?! How am I supposed to edit photos and create birth announcements if staring at a computer screen gave me a migraine?! LOL. I guess I need to work quickly and stay off Flickr, he he he. But seriously, headaches suck and it's very scary when your perfect vision suddenly goes blurry! Check out this headache guide. Just in case it was allergic pink eye I took some drops - I'm super paranoid of pink eye after having it TWICE in December - and threw out my mascara. UGH.My wonderful physician also ordered a blood test. So I'm fasting tonight and off to the lab in the morning to have my hormone levels checked. We'll find out if my thyroid is functioning and if I have various diseases such as Lupus. It's a complete blood test, so if anything is amiss, we'll know. You know the kind where they take like 8 viles as your eyes bug out wondering how you can survive after giving that much blood?! Yep, tomorrow. Wish me luck.
3 comments:
I feel for you RObin. Migraines are the worst!! I get them occasionally. I've also been needing to have those same blood tests myself. Thinking of ya!
Ugh, no fun. I'm glad to hear though that your vision is still perfect. I'm ridiculously jealous, but happy for you nonetheless:)
that sucks!! I've never had a migraine, but I can imagine it's pretty awful pain! I just had 4 vials of blood drawn last week...I'm meeting with the dr tomorrow for results...I'm guessing all is well, but still..giving that much blood does suck!
Post a Comment