The Bissell Proheat Upright Deep Cleaner has become my new best friend.
Puke is the enemy we are battling!First it was Jackson. 2 days after we bought the new mom-mobile, he decided it was time to christen it. Not Mike's idea of a good time on his birthday (March 29th). While I was scouring the carseat and steam cleaning the car, Jackson proceeded to vomit every 1/2 hour for 4 hours until he finally fell asleep with Mike in our bed. Luckily we taught him how to RUN to the bathroom and there wasn't much to clean up.
Towel and bucket, just in case.
The kids are acting fine this morning (except Jackson isn't hungry) and we're off to see the pediatrician at Kaiser for Owen's 2 year "well visit" in a few moments. If there is no ear infection (I made an apt. for Jack too) I will ask for food allergy testing. I just can't understand puke, fine, puke, fine, puke, fine. They've thrown up more in the last 2 weeks than I have in my entire 32 years..... and I'm getting really tired of it. Praise the Lord for the steam cleaner =)
This will be what my car looks like until the puke is llllooooonnnnnggggg gone
Luckily the only thing in that bucket so far is trash =)
UPDATE: Home from Kaiser now. Luckily the only thing in that bucket so far is trash =)
Jackson has an infection in his left ear and an Rx for 10 days of Amoxicillin. He weighs 36 pounds and was enthralled with the height measurement tool on the wall. He measured himself about 5 times. He was excited to show Owen how brave he was in getting a vaccine (this month we did PCV) and went first. "See Owen, I'm brave. Now don't cry brother."
Owen had his 2 year "well visit" and impressed the doctor with his language skills and even drawing shapes on the chalkboard. He counted to 5 and laid very still on the table. He continues to be in the 50% and little above for height. He weighs 28 pounds and is 35 inches tall - so he might turn out taller than his daddy. No ear infection (yeah!) so the doctor thinks they got a mild case of the bad bug going around. He said we shouldn't worry about food allergies unless the puke thing is constant after a specific food (ex: milk) for a few months. Since Owen has been potty training a little (he pees on potty a few times a day) we noticed his urine stream is very narrow and points up (messy!) so we asked the doctor to check it. He gave us a referral to the uroligist as he thinks it will need surgery to widen the opening. Owen got his very first vaccine today (dTap) and much to his brother's delight, did not cry at all. They relished in their bravery after the shots and picked out some stickers before we went to the pharmacy. The rest of the day went well and they loved my Matzo Ball Soup and homemade breadsticks =). No puke so far - yeah!
4 comments:
OOOOOhh, you poor things. Hope you ALL feel better!!!! What is up with all the ear infections? Poor guy.
Ugh.
Love Christy B
PS - Are you kidding me? Ethan was 26 pounds at his ONE YEAR visit. I am seriously having trouble manhandling him...
lol does mike wear a target around or what? Poor you, I hope you guys get better soon. Sounds exhausting! ;) Hilary
Oh how terrible! What an un-fun 2 weeks (or more!) for everyone. I hope you're puke free for a long, long time!
I am so sorry. There is nothing worse than throw up, even if it's your own kid. Thank goodness they're feeling better.
Post a Comment