Hello 2015! I am only accepting ONE or TWO births per month, as the birth photographer and doula. Doula services are available as an addition to photography and as a stand alone service. I offer a complimentary meeting to anyone interesting in my services. Please email me if you'd like to chat! robin@birthblessingsphotography.com

Sunday, February 8, 2009

So you say it's YOUR birthday? It's MY birthday too!

I started off the morning with a bubble bath, book, and birthday card from my Dad. While I was in there I also got a birthday song via cell phone from my Mom =)
Next came VERY SPECIAL breakfast (and a very special messy kitchen) from my dh Michael.
Crepes filled with peaches and strawberries and an outstanding omlet. Owen was a good helper in the kitchen and also helped me eat.
Right after breakfast I took the boys to church. At first only Jackson wanted to take a picture with mommy...
...and then Owen joined in too.
After church I made a picnic lunch and we went to the park. Luckily it quit raining for 2 hours so we could play - but it was still really cold. Owen is crazy and refused a jacket.
After the park we came home for naptime. And guess what? It's my birthday, so I GET TO NAP! I was exhausted and fell right to sleep after putting in my ear plugs =). After nap, we headed off to Costco - a favorite activity for the kids - must be because we eat fruit the entire time we shop. They wanted to get me a "birthday cake"....but remember, I don't like cake. However, I LOVE CHEESECAKE! First we made a delicious chicken artichoke casserole from my February cookbook. Would've been even better with some pasta. Wow was it good though.
Last, but not least, on the birthday agenda was the cake. Mommy wanted fruit. Jackson wanted sprinkles. We couldn't find any candles except these tea lites. So we made a happy cheesecake! I decided to make the fruit topping extra special (not extra nutritious) and melted some marshmallows with a little butter to top the fresh strawberries, blueberries and blackberries. It was delicious. I'm thinking of having seconds right now!

That husband of mine really knows the way to my heart... through my stomach! Thanks sweety =). And a special thanks to my boys for singing to me constantly for 2 days. I loved it! I heard 32 is the new 21.

2 comments:

*katie said...

What a great day! Definitely sounds like it was happy:) I love the birthday "cake" with sprinkles and big round eyes.

Anonymous said...

happy birthday robin michelle. i can't believe it. it feels like yesterday that we met but that was back when you were 21. glad to see you are doing well. love always. YodaS