4 squares unsweetened chocolate (I used "baker's squares")
1/2 cup butter (aka: 1 stick)
2 cups granulated sugar (I used Organic Evaporated Cane Juice sugar by 'O Organics')
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour (I used Organic flour by 'O Organics')
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
Melt chocolate and butter over low heat until just melted. Remove from heat, stir in sugar; add eggs and vanilla and mix until well blended. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt; stir into chocolate mixture.
Bake at 350 for 35 minutes in 8x8 pan.
Do NOT, I repeat Do NOT try this at home: think that you're too full to eat dinner so you'll just have desert instead. See that plate? It's a small plate, but still.... I ate the ice cream and 1/2 the brownie for "dinner" and got an instant headache. I put myself into a sugar coma (sorry baby!) and fell asleep at 8:30pm while trying to watch a movie with my husband. My head hurt all night and even in the morning. SUGAR IS NOT GOOD FOR YOU - ESPECIALLY AS THE MAIN COURSE! LOL, I learned my lesson. BUT, they are the BEST brownies I've ever eaten. 2 bites is all you need =)
1 comment:
Yumm, I love homemade brownies!
Post a Comment