Hello 2015! I am only accepting ONE or TWO births per month, as the birth photographer and doula. Doula services are available as an addition to photography and as a stand alone service. I offer a complimentary meeting to anyone interesting in my services. Please email me if you'd like to chat! robin@birthblessingsphotography.com

Monday, July 7, 2008

A room of his own

Your first kid: room totally decorated and complete by 7 months pregnantYour second kid: you thought you were doing good b/c you got a crib put together in the guest bedroom

Well, I finally got little Owen's room done last month... at the ripe old age of 14 months, he finally got a room of his own =).

Some before pictures... there was a queen sized bed in the room for his first 6 months - then it got the boot to the shed. A ball pool and couch took it's place. He took apart his first bumper so I replaced it with Jackson's old cushy one... problem was that his bed/room decor was very very mismatched and looked ridiculous. Planes and surfer with a side of Batman. Just bad!
I ordered 2 pieces of furniture (the dresser and book shelf) and bought new bedding and curtains. I made the valence and art project.

view from the door

view from the rocking chair
hand me down couch from my sister, photos I took at 6wks old, matching wall decals & pillows from Target
bought Jackson a surf clock and gave his old one to Owennew bookshelf and toy storage from Walmart.comhappy boys enjoying the new room



P.S. Jackson makes me play this video over and over and over while he cracks up and dances... then he shouts, "again Mommy, again!!"

2 comments:

*katie said...

Owen's room looks so great! I love the colors and the furniture--everything is adorable! And the video is priceless, such silly, cute boys:)

Taylor said...

You did a great job on his room.. I really like it. I love the contrast between getting the 2 rooms done! that is so true.. haha