We got our holiday spirit going early this morning! At 6:30 am I packed up the boys and headed south to the Scripps Ranch Old Pro's 10k race. Jackson hid himself most of the ride because he was in a deep sleep when I plucked him out of bed. Owen was ready for action considering he'd been up since 5am =).

We saw the beginning of the bike race on our way there...
I parked about 2 miles away and luckily met up with the "Fun Run/Walk" right at the perfect time! It made me feel like I was still part of the event and the boys had a great time. I was wearing jeans - so was dripping sweat by the end of my 'race.' I was supposed to run the 10k but had a recent injury to my IT Band, so am resting for now. Luckily Mike was able to take my registration so we didn't eat the fee. The people who run this event are really great guys - and funny too! I had the pleasure of speaking to a very nice man on the phone about the registration and he was cracking me up. I can't wait to do this next year - just a little faster and with no stroller =).

Here comes Christy! 
And one minute behind her was Katie!
Katie and Christy beat their 1 hour goal with a great times of 56 and 57 minutes... way to go Baker Babes!
Katie, Mike, and Christine - happy and successful racers.
What a fun start to our Independence Day celebration!
Next stop: BBQ and pool Party!
And one minute behind her was Katie!
What a fun start to our Independence Day celebration!Next stop: BBQ and pool Party!

3 comments:
Way to go guys!!!
That's amazing time! He looks so much like his sisters.. Cool shades Jack!
Yay us!! :) We rock!
Post a Comment