Hello 2015! I am only accepting ONE or TWO births per month, as the birth photographer and doula. Doula services are available as an addition to photography and as a stand alone service. I offer a complimentary meeting to anyone interesting in my services. Please email me if you'd like to chat! robin@birthblessingsphotography.com

Saturday, May 10, 2008

My Civic Duty

I obediently went to Jury Duty at the courthouse in Vista on Thursday. That's right, no excuses. It was my day off- so work wasn't an excuse. I had a babysitter-so childcare wasn't an excuse. I'm nursing a baby, but he's older than 12 months. Truthfully I had no excuse. I've been called about 5 times in the last 10 years and have never attended. This time I looked at the bright side and got excited to go! When do I have time to sit around and do nothing but read??? Never! So I packed my Trader Joe's ecobag full of reading material and food and headed out. I was confident that even if I got picked for a case I would be dismissed as a juror because of my conservative views... but I was not called for a case. There were only 2 cases so the lottery pick was over and we were excused by 10:15am - a whopping 2 hours later and my civic duty was completed for an entire year. Not only did I get through 2 of my scrapbook magazines, I was sitting next to a very nice man who was sharing with me his stories of sleep training his first son. It really was an enjoyable experience and I hope the next time I'm called I'm able to sit on a case - I think it would be a good experience. In case you hadn't figured it out yet, I'm quit a nerd.The best part: 10:15 am, no kids and the whole day ahead of me... so I ran another errand that would be horrible with kids (the DMV) and then went for a long run. It was a very productive day - definitely worth the babysitting fee =)

No comments: