Hello 2015! I am only accepting ONE or TWO births per month, as the birth photographer and doula. Doula services are available as an addition to photography and as a stand alone service. I offer a complimentary meeting to anyone interesting in my services. Please email me if you'd like to chat! robin@birthblessingsphotography.com

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Birthday Girl

February 8th I turned 31! I was born at like 2am after 45 minutes of easy labor. Lucky for my mom!! My mom sings to me every year on the phone and this year Jackson joined in. My dad forgot on the day of, even though I called him! It was pretty funny. At 4am the day after he woke up in a fright that he forgot and couldn't go back to sleep. Of course I laughed it off and he felt better after we joked around about it. We pretty much celebrated like it was my 30th birthday because last year I was really pregnant. Dinner at Bucca di Bepo was awesome. We ordered group platters of food and passed them around - you had your pick of like 6 entres and 3 appetizers. Christy's 3 week old newborn, Ethan, was a sleeping angel the entire time and a few us got our baby fixes by snuggling him. We marveled how he could sleep through the commotion b/c it's a pretty loud restaurant - you have to almost shout at your neighbor. Mike was a few seats away from me and he had to call me on my cell phone! They brought me a candle in a wine bottle for the happy birthday song and made me stand on a chair while they sang. We had a party of 16 and I'm so grateful everyone made it on such short notice! After dinner we headed to Confidential SD - a restaurant/dance club in downtown SD. I don't get out much, especially to night clubs, so I danced my little heart out! I only stopped to quench my thirst and rub out a thigh cramp (I ran 5 miles and walked 2 more that morning!) - all in all, I danced for 2 hours straight - even when I was the only one in our group =). FUN FUN! Yeah to the 30's!
Thanks to everyone who celebrated with us and for the great presents! Love you! For more pics, click here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like a real party (I see Mike wore an earring...how long it's been?)